Week-19 test report big.LITTLE MP :
Here is test result summary for big.LITTLE MP Scheduler test on TC2
platform with Android image
sched_tests.git No of Test Cases Tests Run Tests Pass Tests Fail
Absolute pass rate (%) Failure Analysis/Comments
Regression 20 19 19 0 100 %
mpbasicsuite 14 10 10 0 100 %
mpcoresuite 10 6 6 0 100 %
mpextendedsuite 20 10 7 3 70 %
mploadbalance 2 2 2 0 100 %
Results are same as week-18
Linux version 3.9.0-00199-gde57412 (jenkins-build@ip-10-38-73-4) (gcc
version 4.7.3 20130328 (prerelease) (Linaro GCC 4.7-2013.04) ) #1 SMP
Fri May 10 05:04:00 UTC 2013
Results spread sheet:
NOTE: I skipped "openembedded-devel" ML cause most of users of Linaro
layers also read OE Core ML.
As I will leave Linaro at the end of May I would like to write some kind
of summary of current state of Linaro layers for OpenEmbedded.
At Linaro we have 3 layers:
First one is BSP kind. I know that it had some issues which affected
each build which had it in BBLAYERS but I fixed those issues. I would
like to thank Khem Raj for pointing me at those.
We have git version of binutils there due to some changes which were not
present in 2.23 line. But use of this version is not required as builds
are fine with OE Core one.
We have "tune-armv8.inc" in this layer as well. There was attempt to
merge that into OE Core but "/lib or /lib64" discussion started and at
that time I decided to skip it. There are similar discussions at GCC and
Glibc mailing lists. Once they sort that out OE tune file will be
adapted by someone (I hope).
Rest of recipes can be split into 2-3 types. Few (like sysprof, emacs)
just disable recipes for AArch64. Other have extra patches to add
missing functionality or defines. And we have Linaro kernel for AArch64
Second layer contains ARMv7a(b) machine definitions used for our machine
independent builds and some recipes.
There are no patches for OE recipes here. The only exception is busybox
where we enable "dpkg(-deb)" command which we need for our tools used to
merge rootfs with hardware support.
We have "recipes-extra" where we keep new recipes which may not be in a
nicest state so are not yet merged into OpenEmbedded (or have no use
there like "meta-toolchain-hhvm" one).
"recipes-linaro" is for our stuff. Images, automatic root shell on
serial port etc.
And last but not least is toolchain layer. Everything here is related to
gcc-linaro and Linaro binary cross toolchains (armv7a and aarch64 ones).
GCC 4.6 and 4.7 is there but 4.6 one will be removed when 4.8 will be
added into OE Core.
Who will maintain those layers after my leave? This was not decided yet.
There are few guys at Linaro who know how to use OpenEmbedded but most
of them is outside of Builds and Baselines team.
If you have any questions then better ask now.
Linaro Ubuntu baseline is now migrated to latest Ubuntu release (13.04
Daily hardware packs and rootfs are available as usual on
Pre-built images aren't available yet. They will show up soon.
Note: Quantal based images won't receive any updates anymore.
Builds and Baselines Manager | Release Manager
Linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs
Linaro Virtualization Team's Weekly Report - Weeks 16-18 2013
During the last 3 weeks (11 April - 1 May 2013) the team has been
working on the following areas. More detailed information can be found
on the meeting reports Wiki page:
* BOOTLOADER HYP MODE SUPPORT FOR ARMv7
by Andre Przywara
* rebase existing Versatile Express patches against upstream u-boot
- sent out RFC version
- got review comments
- resending next version of the patches
* implement HYP command to let u-boot switch into HYP mode
* ARMv7 KVM GUEST MIGRATION
by Peter Maydell and Andre Przywara
* QEMU: implement full cp15 sync with kernel
by Peter Maydell
- updated card with a list of sub-subtasks.
- have most of the code for cp15 register migration written.
- in debug phase; there is a case that wasn't considered and
needs a little thought.
- can run KVM with this code now, need to test migration
- GDB is behaving oddly connected to QEMU's stub, need to
figure out if that's GDB's fault or QEMU's.
- debug & patch cleanup.
* QEMU: move CPU migration to vmstate
by Peter Maydell
* kernel: agree on a data structure to describe timer state
by Andre Przywara
- Peter pointed to an easy way to implement timer state
saving, indeed great idea, started with implementation.
* kernel: agree on a data structure to hold GIC state
by Andre Przywara
- starting with VGIC investigation.
* ARMv8 KVM QEMU prototype
by john Rigby
* Add arm64 mach-virt system model skeleton
- wasted a couple of days chasing a bug in my almost working
- finished that and submitted patches.
- no new work on arm64 version yet.
* Add creating FDT from scratch to mach-virt system model
* Add kvm guest creation and launching of armv8/mach-virt
- rebased agraf's arm64 patches to upstream and attempted to
address all comments to original series.
- what is working has been pushed for review.
- finalizing patch submission.
* KVM ARMV8 SMP HARDWARE BRING-UP
by Anup Patel and Pranavkumar Sawargaonkar
- Sent a patch for virtio early printk and related discussions.
- Got ARM64 Guest (UP) booting on APM board (UP) with few hacky
cache flushes. Managed to get a 64 bit guest prompt with a
single cpu host on APM board :)
- Submitted arch_timer patch required for APM ARMv8 SOC and
- Re-submitted revised arch_timer patch to address reviews &
- Debugging to remove the hacky cache flushes required on APM
- Try ARM64 Guest (UP) on APM board (SMP).
- Continue patch submission for KVM ARMv8 on APM board.
* XEN - MULTI-PLATFORM ARMV7 BINARIES
by Jullien Grall
- clean up xen common tree for ARM.
- begin to introduce xen early printk for linux on ARM.
- patch series for multiple platform in Xen.
- send it and comments are good so far.
- Sending a new version of the patch series. We want to support
the arndale board on Xen 4.4 which is due in June.
- Use linux 3.9 with the Arndale on Xen.
* CI BRING UP: KVM ARMv7
by Riku Voipio
- All enablement work.
- Real tests to be added in the scope of a new card (to be
- Card close out.
Serge Broslavsky <serge.broslavsky(a)linaro.org>
Project Manager, Linaro
M: +37129426328 IRC: ototo Skype: serge.broslavsky
http://linaro.org | Open source software for ARM SoCs