please find below the summary of the status report from Graphics WG for wk02.2012. The full report can be found in https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/Middleware/Graphics/WeeklyReport
The last meeting minutes are in https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/Middleware/Graphics/Notes/2012-01-11
== Achievements == - dma-buf : Merged into mainline! - into Linus' tree for 3.3: see here: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git%3Ba=commit%3Bh=...
- submitted abstract of proposal to talk at ELC - by Sumit Semwal together with Rob Clark from Multimedia - on 'dma-buf: an introduction'
- glmark2 live-fps implemented and merged upstream
- Unity3D: Resolved build issues with compiz/nux/unity gles2 stack, built stack for desktop OpenGL in Precise, tracked down compiz display issues. Nux 2.0 was released with GL|ES support
- Display GPU perf Events through LAVA: Created Linaro Android Origen image with Mali profiling libs and kernel driver and executed sample job file on lava-server with the image created and worked successfully. Also updated Mali kernel driver with profiling options (git://git.linaro.org/people/chunsangjeong/mali-dev.git)
== Issues == - Unity/nux/compiz: Marc and Alexandros are now looking at the work involved in managing the pieces needed to be merged upstream. The merge process is underway with Canonical DX and Graphics team is helping to smooth out any possible issues. However, while the unity and nux branches are relatively effort free to merge (everything is ifdef'ed specifically for arm), compiz upstream refuses to let the patches into the stable branch the desktop team builds from. To get them in anyway the solution proposed by desktop side is to carry a distro patch in the package until desktop switches to the other upstream branch - this carries the obvious risk of the patch getting out of sync and needing constant fixing and updating.
- Dashboard bugs: #881789 - timeout in image deployment and #904796 - provide staging/development lava server instances are a risk for our work with the dashboard
- Need to screen out what kinds of profiling data would be shown through LAVA without .py files from ARM since ARM MPD has indicated it's not allowed to open parsers(.py files from ARM) to public, which are used for making profiling data visible by using Python
- Origen doesn't have h/w(Mali) accelerated Ubuntu and it takes a lot of time to set up proper LAVA test environment
== Risks == Even though there are actions now taken to deal with Unity/Nux/Compiz, it is possible that those packages are have issues which may require more time for the release. Marc (IRC: marcoil) and Alexandros (IRC: alf_) are working on this now
== Next steps == - Work is progressing for the release. The group will also work on #907151: glmark2 SIGSEGV on ICS for Origen.
- Please note that from DX side it has been communicated that Unity 5.2 will be released on week 04 (Estimate) with the GLES branch
- Planning is also continuing for Connect