The weekly Linaro Release Meeting will be held at 17:00 UTC tomorrow
(Thursday). Please note the change of day which is due to a resolution
in meeting conflicts meaning the release meeting can return to its
normal slot. The agenda for the meeting can be found at:
Linaro Release Manager
I'm have trouble receiving a video stream on the Freescale i.MX51
processor. I've tried everything I could think, so I'm trying my luck
I'm using a 2.6.31 kernel with some modifications: the camera capture
driver  and the IPU (Image Processing Unit) driver  from the
Freescale BSP 2010.11. As for the camera driver, it's written by me.
I'm at a point where I can open the /dev/video0 device and can (at
least try to) read frames, but it fails at dequeueing the video
buffers (VIDIOC_DQBUF) with the message:
<3>ERROR: v4l2 capture: mxc_v4l_dqueue timeout enc_counter 0
Unable to dequeue buffer (62).
- I've double-checked the IPU registers and they seem properly
configured, but I don't get any interrupt (at end-of-frame).
- The relevant IOMUX pins are also configured.
- the video signal appears at the i.MX pins (so it gets there)
- I've also tried activating the internal picture generator, but still
Is there anything I overlooked? Is there a way to find out where the
problem is? Any hints will be greatly appreciated.
Based on an idea by Ulrich Weigand, I've uploaded a new gdb to natty
today which adds a gdb-multiarch binary package. It's about 19 MB and
once you install it, you will get a new /usr/bin/gdb-multiarch which
can debug any target that gdb knows about, including ARM!
So you could debug an ARM "/bin/ls" from a local chroot with
qemu-arm-static by running gdb-multiarch and then running:
(gdb) file /arm-chroot/bin/ls
"/arm-chroot/bin/ls": not in executable format: File format is ambiguous.
Matching formats: elf32-littlearm elf32-littlearm-symbian elf32-littlearm-vxworks.
Use "set gnutarget format-name" to specify the format.
(gdb) set gnutarget elf32-littlearm
(gdb) file /arm-chroot/bin/ls
In the chroot, run:
qemu-arm-static -g 1234 /bin/ls
and in gdb-multiarch:
target remote localhost:1234
and you can now use gdb as usual, setting breakpoints, single-stepping
(It obviously also works with remote debugging of a real,
network-connected ARM board; use gdbserver instead of qemu)
Would people be interested in backports?
PS: the package is in NEW and will show up soon in natty; in the mean
time, you can get it from my natty PPA:
* Period: (20110113-20110119)
PM: Ian Smith <ian.smith(a)linaro.org <mailto:email@example.com>>
Past reports : https://wiki.linaro.org/Platform/Infrastructure
Burndown information : http://status.linaro.org
Key Points for wider discussion
Following bugs resolved on ImproveLinaroMediaCreate: #702645
(l-m-c and hwpacks need to be updated for latest x-loader deb),
#697824 (linaro omap3 image: serial device name change breaks
serial console), #701462 (mkfs.vfat should be added to the
dependency list), #702650 (l-m-c fails when device partitions
don't follow the /dev/sdNN naming pattern)
* Fixed several problems which occurred after the
django-restricted-resource changes. Changes have been submitted
and are awaiting review comments.
* No immediate milestones due.
ImproveLinaroMediaCreate is complete.
* No immediate milestones due
Risks / Issues
* None to be highlighted.
Guilherme Salgado on leave/ public holiday 20th & 21st January
* Michael Hudson has a public holiday on 24th January
* Deepti Kalakeri has a public holiday on 26th January
== [ACTIVITY] [dave-martin-arm] Activity report for week 2 2010
(2011-01-10 - 2011-01-14) ==
(Linaro 11.05 mid-cycle rally week, Dallas)
=== Activity ===
==== hardware-n-kernel-standard-architecture ====
* Clarified work item assignments with Paul McKenney.
* Rebased omap patches for Thumb-2 against mailine v2.6.37.
* Posted generic function-body copying patch to help with
Thumb-2 compatibility of low-level BSP code in omap.
* Some discussion of the missing debug single-step emulation in
the kernel for Thumb-2.
Concluded that this feature should not be implemented: it's not
robust even for ARM.
* All platform-indepedent Thumb-2 fixes were merged in v2.6.37.
==== hardware-n-bsp-investigations ====
* No activity.
==== performance-linaro-n-memory-footprint ====
* Discussed with Steve Langasek how to take this forward.
==== other-linaro-n-gdbserver-integration ====
* No activity (Steve Langasek expects that this will likely be
assigned to someone else.)
==== miscellaneous ====
* Acquired Panda board :) (thanks kiko).
* Some logistics to help get the new assignees up and running.
=== Plans ===
* Build and test a Thumb-2 kernel on Panda.
* Discuss prioritisation for outstanding kernel tasks.
* Write up the output from the Freescale i.MX BSP review
discussion, and post for comment.
* Write up methodology for performance-linaro-n-memory-
=== Absences ===
The mmci host driver implementation for double buffering is not intended
nor ready for mainline yet. It is only an example of how to implement
pre_req() and post_req(). The reason for this is that the basic DMA
support for MMCI is not complete yet.
This patch series depends on
"[PATCH 0/5] mmc: add double buffering for mmc block requests"
Linus Walleij (1):
mmci: add PrimeCell generic DMA to MMCI/PL180
Per Forlin (1):
ARM: mmci: add support for double buffering
Ulf Hansson (2):
mmci: fixup broken_blockend variant patch
MMCI: Corrections for DMA
drivers/mmc/host/mmci.c | 538 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
drivers/mmc/host/mmci.h | 21 ++-
include/linux/amba/mmci.h | 16 ++
3 files changed, 496 insertions(+), 79 deletions(-)