Enclosed you'll find a link to the agenda, minutes and actions from the
Linaro kernel working group weekly meeting of December 13, 2010.
== Summary ==
* Reviewed Freescale BSP. Many drivers are close to being upstreamable.
* eMMC performance improvement, initial numbers shows 5% performance gains
for large writes and 10% performance gains for large reads.
* USB patches for 8500 have been accepted into Greg KH's tree, and Felipe
* u-boot is in the final phases of the 2010-12 release. Patch from last
week (environment code would incorrectly report correctable errors) accepted
* Working RTC issues: timer list and timer queue which are precursors to
getting the Android alarms upstreamed. Patches in -tip slated for 2.6.38.
LWN article for timers and alarms.
* Working IRQ code in core code in support of virtual IRQ. Working on QEMU
model of Versatile Express and the Nvidia Tegra (Serial port and eMMC).
Dusting off u-boot work that John Rigby has done so that device tree is
passed correctly to kernel. Kernel configuration management solution in the
works -- "Kconfig fragment". Configuration process loads an alternative
per-board Kconfig file that sets defaults for Kconfig, and then sets up with
the full Kconfig, so that you can have definitions set up for a family of
SoCs or boards.
* Looked at gitdm tool, considering sending in a patch to list Linaro
people as belonging to Linaro instead of to whatever gitdm currently
accounts them to.
* Finished kexec() blueprint specification, will get it reviewed next.
* Progress on RCU priority boosting, additional energy-management tasks and
scalability tasks look to be easily handled.
This might be of interest to the wider Linaro developer community.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: igep-platform.com <admin(a)igep.es>
Date: Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 2:28 AM
Subject: IGEPv2 board based on new DM3730@1GHz running Linaro Distribution
Hi IGEP users, We have prepared some nice demos showing IGEPv2 board
based on new DM3730@1GHz running Linaro Distribution: Internet
navigation, youtube, source code compilation, video playing and many
more (search for "Linaro omap" on youtube).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHx0jCJ1PRghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhglD0mJiLkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnvDWQaZ4p8http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG88QxJp8Zghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXPTs7xzx0A Linaro™ is a Not For Profit
(NFP) organization that aims to make embedded open source development
easier and faster. Linaro will create a common software foundation for
software stacks and distributions to land on and provide the best open
source tools for developers to develop on. The focus is on low level
software around the Linux kernel that touches the silicon, key pieces
of middleware that enable new markets and tools that help the
developer write and debug code. Linaro aims to maximize the potential
of the latest features of ARM-based processors, helping provide
optimized performance in a lower power envelope. Linaro is both a
community and a supported project with engineering teams spread
globally. ISEE will provide this Linaro Demo on a microSD-card on
1Q-2011. Regards, ISEE Sales